If you see that Amazon charged the total amount of your order to a payment method other than Sezzle, it's usually due to a delay in payment processing. There can be up to a 48-hour delay in payment authorizations for Sezzle Virtual Card purchases at Amazon. Meaning your order(s) might appear as though it has gone through, only to be declined later for any number of reasons. If your purchase is declined after going through checkout, Amazon will attempt to charge another payment method (s) on your Amazon account until they approve the purchase.
As we realize this isn’t ideal when you were planning to pay-in-4, here are some solutions should this happen to you:
- Check your Amazon account for real-time information on your order and payment status
- Remove all other payment methods on your Amazon account
- Try again within the Sezzle app, ensuring you’re following these pre-checkout tips:
- Only place orders within your available spending power - this is displayed on your dashboard
- Stay up to date on your payments - no rescheduled and failed orders paid in full
- Ensure you do not have more than two open orders with any other Premium Brands - if so, pay them in full to be eligible for more purchases
If you are looking for help placing an order with Amazon, please visit the help article linked here.
Please refer to these Amazon payment method FAQs for more information: