If you see that Amazon charged the total amount of your order to a payment method other than Sezzle, it's usually due to a delay in payment processing. There can be up to a 48-hour delay in payment authorizations for Sezzle Virtual Card purchases at Amazon. This means your order(s) might appear as though it has gone through, only to be declined later for any number of reasons. If your purchase is declined after going through checkout, Amazon will attempt to charge another payment method on your Amazon account until the purchase is able to go through.
As we realize this isn’t ideal when you were planning to pay-in-4, here are some solutions should this happen to you:
- Check your Amazon account for real-time information on your order and payment status.
- Remove all other payment methods on your Amazon account so that only your Sezzle Virtual card remains.
- Try again within the Sezzle app, ensuring you’re following these pre-checkout tips:
- Only place orders within your available spending power - this is displayed on your dashboard
- Stay up-to-date on your payments - no rescheduled and failed orders
- Ensure you do not have more than two open orders with any other Premium Brands - if so, pay them in full to be eligible for more purchases
Please refer to these Amazon payment method FAQs for more information: