Changing Your Phone Number in the Dashboard
- Log in here and select the "Account" tab. (If you do so from the Sezzle app, you will be redirected to a web browser to change your phone number.)
- Then select "Personal Information" and the "edit" button under the phone number listed.
- Provide your new number and confirm your identity with a one-time password sent to the new phone number.
If you do not have access to your account, we require more information to keep your account safe. You’ll need to remember your PIN and have access to the email associated with your account. If you do not have either of those items, please see the resources below before attempting to change your number:
- Help Article: I forgot my PIN. How do I reset it so I can log in?
- Help Article: I was supposed to receive a verification email, but it's not appearing in my inbox.
Changing Your Phone Number Without Logging In
- Click here to get started.
- Enter your old phone number.
- Enter the 6-digit code sent to the email on file.
- Enter the last six digits of your social security number on file.
- Enter your new number.
Why do we ask for your SSN?
The security of your personal information is a priority for Sezzle. Our banking partners require us to collect and verify this information. This verification step has no impact on your credit score.
Your SSN will only be used for identity verification purposes. Your personal information will be encrypted and provided only to Sezzle banking partners through a secure connection.
Note: If you opened a new Sezzle account with your new phone number, you must close that before you can update your original account. Maintaining one Sezzle account is crucial because we want to ensure you can preserve any order history, and you lose that when you open a new account. To close it, log in and select "Account," "Personal Information," and finally, "Close Account.”