Shoppers who demonstrate a history of positive repayment behaviors will unlock access to exclusive merchants that allow you to purchase a gift card for use in-store or online! 25% of the gift card total will be charged as a downpayment just like any other Sezzle order, and your gift card order will follow our standard repayment schedule (4 payments over the course of 6 weeks). The only difference is that after you purchase the gift card, you’ll need to use it to place an order with the merchant.
By purchasing gift cards first, you'll be able to shop in-store or online with merchants not available for standard Sezzle users. You will need to use the Sezzle app to purchase a gift card, but then you can check out with the merchant however they accept gift cards.
Buying and using a gift card:
- Select one of our exclusive in-app merchants
- Choose either online or in-store as your checkout method
- If you choose online, our app will take you directly to the store’s website where we recommend adding all items to your cart, entering your billing and shipping information, and selecting a shipment method so you know the exact cost of your order before purchasing a gift card. When you’re ready, select “pay with Sezzle” at the bottom of the checkout screen and follow the remaining steps to complete the transaction. Once you purchase a gift card, the amount can’t be adjusted. However, if you find that your gift card does not cover the full amount of your order, you can always purchase another one to cover the difference.
- If you choose in-store, our app will take you right to the gift card purchase screen. There, you can enter the amount you'd like to purchase and complete the transaction. Some stores may take a few hours to activate a gift card, however, so we recommend buying your gift card before going to checkout as there could be a delay in the merchant’s system where the card may not be activated immediately.
- To use your gift card, navigate to “Account” and then “Gift Cards'' in your Sezzle app. If you’re shopping online, enter the card number and PIN in the gift card section at checkout. If you’re shopping in-store, just provide the card number and PIN to the cashier at checkout.
Note: The purchase of any gift card is final. We are not able to cancel, refund, or adjust gift card amounts. If you receive a refund on your order, the store will typically issue store credit. We recommend reading the store's policies on gift card orders before placing an order.
I'm running into issues using my gift card
If you're running into any issues applying your gift card to an order, we recommend first reviewing the merchant’s policies regarding gift cards on their website. You can also view the usage instructions for gift cards in the"Gift Cards" section of the Sezzle app. Selecting a gift card will provide the terms and conditions and usage instructions for that gift card.
Additionally, please double-check that you're entering the gift card details exactly as displayed in your Sezzle app. This includes spaces, capital letters, etc. If shopping online, we highly recommend using the "Copy" function and then pasting the card details into the store's checkout page to help avoid errors.